Ideal for processing fresh or frozen plant material.
- Extracts high-quality plant DNA from up to 16 samples in parallel
- Developed and optimized for use with the InnuPure C16 touch automated system
- Effective removal of inhibiting by-products such as secondary plant metabolites
- Highly reproducible yields of the DNA to be isolated
Using the innuPREP Plant DNA Kit-IPC16 allows users to isolate highly pure genomic DNA from a variety of plant materials. Following efficient homogenization using a SpeedMill, other homogenizer, or a mortar and liquid nitrogen, the plant material is lysed, and proteins and polysaccharides are effectively removed in a single precipitation step. Once it has been filtered, the lysate is transferred to pre-filled Reagent Strips and/or Plates. Nucleic acid extraction proceeds automatically on the InnuPure C16 touch using a magnetic particle separation process. Because the final eluate is highly pure and free of magnetic particles, it can be used immediately in subsequent applications such as qPCR. The kit has already been successfully tested on leaves and herbs, fruits, wood, needles and seeds.
The innuPREP Plant DNA II Kit-IPC16 is optimized for the isolation of genomic DNA from plant material with a particularly high phenol content.
Homogenizer: approx. 30 seconds–3 minutes
Liquid nitrogen: approx. 5–10 minutes
- Lysis: approx. 40–45 minutes
- InnuPure C16 touch protocol: approx. 45 minutes
- Fresh or frozen plant material (up to 100 mg)
- Plant material containing a large proportion of water (up to 100 mg)
- Depends on the type and quantity of the starting material
- Up to 60 μg